- This event has passed.
Basic Computer Skills: Session 5 – Google Apps
November 9, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Basic Computer Skills Workshops continue at Horsham Community House. In this workshop, we will go over some of the apps that come with a free Google account. Last week, we looked at using Gmail to send and receive email, but Gmail is so much more than just another email program. Topics to cover include
- Hangouts – video and text chat from within your email inbox
- Calendar – Sync your calendar to your phone to stay up to date
- Contacts – Build an address book to make it easier to send emails
- Mailing Lists – Add your contacts to a mailing list so you can easily send a bulk email. Useful for churches and sporting clubs
- Groups & Forums – Create or join a group online to discuss programs, events or any topic
- Google + – join Circles and see what Google’s version of Facebook is all about
All that and hopefully more in a 2 hour session, including a break for tea or coffee. Join us in the back room on Friday 9th November 2018 from 2 pm. Bring your own laptop or borrow one from the House for the session.
This is part 5 of a 12 part series of workshops.