- This event has passed.
Business Basics: Starting a Business From Home
January 31 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Wanting to run a business from home or have a business idea but not sure where to go next in how to get it off the ground? This new course may be just the thing! Over six weeks, Trish will take you through the steps in transforming from idea to business plan. She will help you:
- Research possible business ideas
- Plan for equipment hardware and software needs
- Research plan and understand requirements of registering as a business in Australia including registering as a business, obtaining an ABN and tax requirements
- Research function of the business within the current lifestyle and home and be aware of any possible sources of conflict
- Develop policies and procedures for dealing with conflict and the general business operations
- Build networks as appropriate for the business and key stakeholders
- Research and develop plans for stock control and distribution methods, including supply and delivery to customers
- Research and develop contingency plans
- Research and develop business projections with the assistance of a business consultant or advisor
Based on the requirements for BSBSS00051 Small Business Home-Based Business Skill Set, this skill set is for people who are establishing or operating a micro business providing for self-employment.